Thursday, November 18, 2010

Colored Heat-Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen


                I saw the Martin station wagon parked in the lot on the side of the store and I went inside, glad to be out of the heat.  Sally Ann smiled and suggested we have a picnic lunch at a place she knew just outside of town.
She grabbed sandwiches, chips, and a bottle of soda, and left the store to Rupert, a teenaged boy with more freckles than beard.  We went out to the parking lot and she insisted we take her station wagon.
                She drove out Seventh Street toward the edge of town, and in a few minutes we were driving down a country road, with farms and occasional houses on either side.
                “So how’d you do today with your private eye work?” she asked me.
                “Not so great.”  I told her where I’d been and what I’d found out.
                “Seems to me like Raymond is the key to everything.  If we find him, maybe we’ll get an idea about what happened to Lulabelle,” she remarked.
                She turned the car down a side road, little more than a dirt path, and stopped in a clearing by a grove of trees.  There was no one around, and it seemed as if we were all alone in the world.  She had a blanket in the back of the wagon, and I spread it out on the ground.
                I offered to get the food and drinks out of the back seat, but Sally Ann pulled my arm away from the door and kissed me, hard, with her mouth open.  I held her, and she grabbed me and pulled my body against hers.  The kiss went on and on, as my hands began to explore her body, running over her jeans and her shirt, feeling her breasts swell at my touch.
                We parted, and I looked at her.  Her green eyes were wide open, and she looked over at the blanket.  “We don’t have much time,” she told me.
                I led her to the blanket and stroked her hair as her hands moved to my lap.  I pulled off her shirt, gently, and removed the light green bra that set off her red hair so beautifully.  I kissed her breasts as she lay back on the blanket.
                “Oh, Carey,” she said, as I removed her jeans and stood up to remove my own clothes.  “You’re so different than the boys around here.  So . . . nice.”  She swirled and opened her arms to me.
                We made love for what seemed like moments, but before I knew it it was time to go.  The crickets were singing fiercely out in the grass, and the trees shaded us from the pounding sun.
We were pretty quiet as she drove back to the 7-11 that day.  Things had moved pretty fast and we were both
a little unsure.  But as we stood in the parking lot, I held her hand and told her I’d call her that night to tell her what happened that afternoon.  I kissed her and she told me to be careful.  Little did I know that I’d have so much to tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment